Dental Exams with Our Statesville General Dentist
Many dental issues, such as cavities, take a long time to become noticeable. That means that if you “wait for a problem” to come in for a check-up, you essentially waiting for the problem to reach its most damaging point! Regular dental check-ups help us nip problems in the bud, when treatment is easy (and inexpensive). Keep reading to learn more about our Statesville dental exam services.
What Happens During a Dental Exam?
Our Statesville dentist team is committed to making your dental check-ups as efficient, yet thorough, as possible. With good oral hygiene and regular checkups, and barring any accidents, you should never need a major dental surgery like a root canal or dental implant. Your Statesville dental exam will include the following:
- Professional Dental Cleaning: Our skilled dental hygienists will carefully remove the plaque and tartar that are difficult for you to reach on your own.
- Dental X-Rays: We will perform digital dental X-rays which allow us to detect issues that are undetectable to the naked eye, such as tumors, cysts, tooth decay, and bone loss.
- Gum Disease Evaluation: Dr. Schmidt will examine your gums and jawbone for any signs of periodontal disease.
- Oral Cancer Screening: Dr. Schmidt will check your face, neck, lips, tongue, throat, tissues, and gums for any signs of oral cancer.
- Examination of Existing Restorations: We will check fillings, crowns, or implants you may have had to ensure they are still performing as expected. If metal fillings you have had more than 10 years ago have started to deteriorate, we can replace them with newer resin or amalgam material.
Looking for a General Dentist in Statesville?
Our doors are always open to new patients. Fill out our simple contact form today to schedule an appointment and join our dental family!